Alison is 24 years old and has recently moved into her own flat. Alison has cerebral palsy and...
Personal Assistants for Younger People
Agincare provides support workers for young adults, including those with higher levels of dependency due to illness or disability. We offer support so you can continue to live independently at home, engage in training, further education or simply go to work.
Whether you are making the transition from school to college or from university to the workplace our support service provides a full-time solution and is flexible enough to be a realistic and affordable alternative to other forms of support.
As our service is fully managed; you do not need to undertake the duties of an employer and you have the peace of mind of knowing your support worker’s holidays will be paid for and covered. They will have undergone all the required checks (eg CRB) and their training will be updated annually – all included in the reasonable weekly cost.
The benefits of Agincare’s care and support include:
- Round the clock care and support without the round the clock cost
- One to one support
- Your own support worker/s supporting you in your chosen lifestyle
- You don’t have the responsibilities (and risks) of being an employer
Summary of services
- Support is provided 24 hours a day 7 days a week*
- You are in charge of the support you need and want
- The services are available on a long term or short term (respite) basis
- Our Support Managers can carry out as many checks on the service as you request
- Support workers can do anything that is safe and legal that will help you to live the lifestyle you want
- Support workers are carefully matched to your needs and preferences
Compare Agincare’s support service to the alternatives
|Hourly paid for support
(from an agency)
|Costs from £675/week||£15/hour, plus mileage and potential out of hours enhancements||Cost varies from £450 - £550+ /wk. + NIC|
|Continuity of worker and choice of lifestyle||Often less worker consistency and flexibility||Continuity of worker and choice of lifestyle|
|**Funding available||**Funding available||Some funding is not available (ie CHC funding and those not on direct payments)|
|Choice, control and freedom||Yes, subject to timings||Choice, control and freedom|
|Agincare has the employer obligations||The Agency has the employer obligation||You have the responsibilities of being an employer|
|24 hour emergency personal on call, replacement of workers, holiday cover||On call usually limited to 7am - 10pm||Unless several employed, no back up, holiday cover, or on call service|