Care enquiries 0800 0121 247 Careers 0800 2100 149 Mon - Fri 08:00 - 18:00

Search form

Text Size

Planning the Future

You are here

Agincare live-in care and support can easily fit in with the other support services that you have. This is a key part of developing your care and support plan with you to capture what you or others around you are already doing to provide what you need to live your life as you wish. Below are some of the circumstances you may find yourself in and with Agincare you have the peace of mind of knowing that we are familiar with all these environments and professionals (eg advocates, Powers of Attorney, Care Managers, Social Workers etc) and working together to provide you with a seamless service.


If your disability has meant that you need additional support at school you will probably have been given a statement of special educational needs and you will have transition reviews at school. This period of time and process is usually referred to as ‘transition’ and when you are 13-14 years old a transition review will be held to plan for what you want to do when you leave school and includes the support you will need. The education department of the local authority where you are at school is responsible for ensuring you get the support you need. You may well be in receipt of Personal Independence Payments (PIP) or become eligible for this when you are 16.


There are Disability Officers in nearly all universities and a variety of sources of funding and adaptive solutions available as well as scholarship schemes. Each university has its own community networks as well so there is often bespoke support available from organsations in the local area.

The workplace

You can receive DLA even if you work and there is also Employment and Support Allowance but usually you need to have built up some National Insurance Contributions to qualify for this and it can affect benefits your parents receive if you still live with them.


It might be that as you turn 16 you decide you want to live more independently in your own flat or in sheltered accommodation and there are a variety of sources of support that you may be able to access such as equipment for adaptations and aids.

Unexpected care needs

Sometimes people find that they are temporarily disabled or unable to care for themselves. In these circumstances some people are fortunate to have family or friends to assist them. However, often people require skilled care, in these situations paid for care is the only solution. If you find yourself in this situation there is funding available, if your needs are assessed as qualifying for funding and if you have less savings than the threshold amount. On our website you will find information on the funding available and also on various financial products if you find you need to pay for the care yourself. We would always recommend you contact your local authority in the first instance as they are obliged to assess your care and support needs to determine if you qualify for support from public funds.


0800 0121 247
(Mon-Fri 8am-6pm)
Care Assessment
Book a free home visit
Brochure Download
For further information
Careers in Care Start Your Future Now

"If you like it you'll love it - you just have to give it a go!"

Sarah from Brighton

Care Assessment